Please be patient while this site is under construction 🙂
So, I have been nominated for another Liebster award and find myself reeling partly because I have no idea how I managed to get the first one so to receive another shortly afterwards blows my mind! Also, because I feel very grateful I have at least 2 readers and readers of which apparently like to give awards! Therefore, I humbly accept this award. I have not yet achieved the level of over-paid blogger, living in a perfect home, by the twinkling lake, with sexy hair and sweaters level that I spoke of in my first acceptance of the Liebster Award – YET. But do not worry. There is still time! I have been blogging 3 months now and feel I should give myself at least 6 months to reach this status. Okay, maybe 7 months is more realistic.
I accept this award from appropriately named Peace, Love & Great Country Music. I love this blog for they write of things that make me think of the All American Dream. Country music, nature, big bon fires, sports on the television, family get togethers, deers roaming in the yard as the sun sets and everyone gathers around the big, oak dining table. They talk and laugh and the phrase “God bless them” is thrown around as the people wipe their eyes of tears from too much laughter and homemade pie. Stop by this blog to get a feel for Peace, Love & Great Country Music at http://peacelovegreatcountrymusic.com/. I promise you will smell the bon fire smoke and see the sun setting in the distance too. I greatly appreciate the nomination and grealty appreciate their contribution to the blogging world!
As this award goes there are some rules I must follow in the acceptance for those of you who don’t already know of this award.
First is to accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blogsite.
Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about myself.
Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites.
Rule number 3 is to notify the bolggers of their award.
Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
Rule number 5 is you don’t talk about the Liebster Award.
Rule number 6 you realize I just made up rule number 5 and 6 to be funny and you hopefully get the reference and laugh.
Rule number 7 is I answer the questions left for me by the blogger who gave me the award. And now we move on to the Q&A fun time.
Random Facts about myself. I was thinking that this section might be more interesting if instead of me just listing random facts I opened it up to you, the reader. What if, you left me questions in the comment section of this blog of things you would like to know about me? I will pick my favorite 11 questions and answer them honestly. Sounds like fun doesn’t it?! I knew you would agree! As I pick the questions and answer them I will copy and paste them here below this paragraph and number them until we reach 11. Brilliant. I know. It’s a gift. Let the asking begin. Let’s see if I am interesting, at all.
My nominees. This part is actually difficult for me as I have found some astounding blogs recently.
1.The first blog you absolutely must check out is by a woman who is chronically her journey through some amazing trials in life and is truly showing an inner strength and beauty not many people possess. Be ready for honesty, tears, and hope. http://lauradgumm.wordpress.com/
2. This blog I love because her poetry is deep without being overly dramatic. It draws you in and doesn’t let you go. Her stories keep you right inside their grasp until the very end. A lot of talent here at http://khmazzola124.wordpress.com/
3. This blog has me laughing the whole way through. I don’t know if it is because I am married to a European and someone who lived in Germany for 10 years too or if it is because it is just plain funny. I am guessing the latter. He has a great perspective on cultural differences and similarities and the humor in it all. http://ohgodmywifeisgerman.com/
4. Another blog that pulls me in with bluntness and I love it! Nothing left to hide in this blog! She lets you know what it is and doesn’t apologize for it! Wonderful!http://hastywords.wordpress.com/
5. Ever wanted to laugh openly at a dimwit and not feel guilty for it? Well, here is your chance. He is openly dimwitted and it is refreshing. He does what he does and may have done what he did but it doesn’t change that he is still just a dimwit. Laughter awaits you. http://thedimwitdiary.com/
6. Poetry. He writes to write. You can read it here. http://themonumentaljackass.wordpress.com/
7. This guy will leave a bad taste in your mouth. He is one bitter dude. You may even do the bitter beer face while reading what he writes. Grumpy it is. If this is your sort of thing, go for it. IF it isn’t, well maybe you are just too happy and should take it down a notch. http://bensbitterblog.wordpress.com/
I am stopping here. Yes. I broke a rule. Why? Because I am rebeliious. Because I can. And well, because 7 is my favorite number. Now you know.
My questions to them are:
1. Do you believe in “God”. Why or Why not.
2. If there was one thing you could create within the human race what would it be?
3. What is your favorite smell?
4. What is your favorite memory?
5. Instead of answering these questions, what would you rather be doing?
6. Do you eat your french fries with Ketchup or Mayonaisse?
7. Do you own pets?
8. If you could change something about my blog to improve it, what would it be?
9. Hw do you feel about fonts?
10. Do you want to answer one more question?
11. Is this award important to you?
My Bloggers questions for me:
- On an airplane, do you prefer the front, middle or back? I won’t go into detail, but I had the WORST experience on the back of a plane once. Middle is no good cuz that is where it splits when you crash. So, I’m going with front. Final answer. Plus, you get mroe leg room if you are in the very front row…or first class is always nice…
- What is your least favorite day? Usually the day that I am currently not liking the most.
- What makes you laugh out loud? Very few things make me laugh out loud. If you hear me laugh out loud, it has struck my very odd and picky sense of humor and you should mark it on your calender. Most of my laughter is contained in my brain. I will think it is funny but somehow it does not translate down to my laughing box and out of my lip box very often. I think I must have a blown fuse somewhere.
- Are you afraid of storms? No. I love them.
- Who is your favorite tv anchor? Will Ferrelle
- Do you remember your dreams? I can’t not remember them. Sometimes, I have to concentrate for a few seconds to know if it was a dream or reality. That is a freaky way to wake up. Not recommended.
- Do you shop from a list or just go for it? I bring a list and don’t use it. Impulsive shopping is so much more expensive but so much more full of life!
- What is your favorite current song? Just one? Really? Jeeeeez….ok…..ummmm…. Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men
- What is your favorite thing to treat yourself or others to? Riding motorcycles or fast, expensive, modded cars – guilty pleasures
- Christmas, Easter or Groundhog Day? Christmas
- What is the last joke you heard? SARC: my second favorite -asm
I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog award and would graciously like to thank mishunderstood for the nomination.
You can find her blog which illustrates her insights and travels with added personal photography at http://mishunderstood.wordpress.com/
So, as a result of this nomination there are some rules I must follow. I imagine as a result of this nomination my “following” will increase significantly, people will see the absolute and undeniable genius in all that I bolg about and I will become a blogger who is paid to blog. I will then become a moody writer who blogs all day long in beautiful, envy worthy sweaters and leggings. My hair will be perfectly messy so as if to say that I don’t care but is outrageousley sexy at the same time. I will sip on coffee that is continually steaming while looking out of my shuttered windowed house that is next to a twinkling lake with a dock. Every evening I’ll hear my husband’s Z06 roar up into our crunching gravel driveway and as the sun is setting and we will eat our dinner on our deck out back…..
So, I suppose I should get started on following this set of rules then shouldn’t I?
Rule number 1 is to list eleven random facts about myself. Hmmmm. This sounds simple enough but I don’t want to bore you so they can’t be too random now can they. Let’s see.
1. I love smoked salmon but only when eaten outside. It tastes funny to me when eaten indoors.
2. I was raised Baptist Christian but rejected religion as a whole when I clinically died for 3.5 minutes and had an afterlife experience.
3. My favorite color is purple. But it is only a certain shade of purple. But I don’t think I have ever shown anyone which shade it actually is.
4. My favorite flower is a stargazer lily. The ones with purple inside. Predictable isn’t it?
5. I believe if we could instill a stronger sense of empathy for ALL people in ALL people most of the problems with humanity would cease to exist.
6. The most free I have ever felt was when I was dead. The closest way for me to simulate that feeling is to make myself feel like the wind. Sometimes when the breeze blows the trees hard and the leeves are rustling, I close my eyes and concentrate, and I feel as if my soul is so close to being taken back to…whatever plane of existence it was that I experienced while I was dead. But the best way is to ride a crotch rocket and fly down the road at very high speeds. I feel more alive as I merge with the wind and the bike flying down the road than I do at any other moment. To me, that is happiness. That is passion. That is worth living for. That is worth dying for. That is beauty.
8. I also LOVE racing in sexy, fast cars. When men say things like “Oh, you wouldn’t understand. It’s a man thing.” I think they highly underestimate me and how much I DO understand. I fall in love everytime I ride in one. I have been blessed to own a couple and hope to one day own more. I don’t do it to show off for other people or to present an image of wealth to others, because honestly having money is one of the last things on my priority list. Below that is making an image out of having money. In fact, that wouldn’t even make my list as I find it kind of disturbing and offputting. I do it because of the way I feel while inside one. I do it for the same reason as the bike. It’s a passion.
9. Most of humanity disgusts me but in a one on one situation with a person I can understand and identify with almost anyone, from anywhere, from any life path. There are only a very few things that I don’t have compassion for. And in those cases, instead of empathy for their life choices I have hate. Instead of wondering how I could help them I think of things like hand guns and torture devices.
10. I believe that people can love many different people in many different ways and one does not take away from the other. I think we are taught that we are meant to only love one partner and that there is only one kind of love that is real. Anything that differs from this is wrong. I disagree. I believe this causes many problems within our society.
11. I cannot comprehend how one person can look at another and not see part of themselves within the other person and have a desire for that person to experience the same rights and quality of life as they have. I do not understand how people do not want everyone in this world to experience equality and see us as a whole unit of a human race and species instead of sub categories of one being less than the other based on tiny, insignificant things such as gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, economic status, etc. It truly shows a complete lack of intelligence within our species to me.
7. Sometimes I like to just check and see if people are paying attention. I missed seven so here it is. 🙂 Related matter…I use my facebook page to conduct weird and completely useless, personal social experiments on what people respond to by what I post just for fun. Does this make me pathetic?
Next rule is to answer my nominator’s questions. So here I go:
1. My favorite dessert is wedding baklava. It is free and delicious.
2. When I look into my child’s eye’s I see innocence, myself, their father, rebirth, a fear I will fail them reflecting back at me, a love stronger than existence, spunk, a fresh light coming from within, intensity, and a knowledge that in some ways they can manipulate me more than I know.
3. I think my purpose in this life is to learn the lessons that are brought to me consistently until I find new outcomes. I think it is for me to evolve from what I was into what I will be. And I think it is to give and put out as much good to others as possible in the short time I have here. Not because I believe there will be consequences here on Earth or after I die but just because that is who I want to be now, in this moment.
4. I like almost every kind of music except for country and jazz. I love any music that can take me away from where I am physically, draw me into a place emotionally and hold me captive. Now that, is great music. If it can make me dance on top of it, perfection.
5.If I had the chance to meet anyone famous or not, I would go meet my family in Europe and bring my family that is here in the States so that they could be reunited with them. My family here were war refugees and have been separated from the rest of their family in Europe ever since immigrating to the United States. It would fill my heart with joy to see everyone reunited and together again.
6. My idea of a vacation is anything that includes traveling to a place I want to go to, where I can spend time with family and friends, and relax and enjoy myself. As well as have a new experience or two along the way.
7.The question is to name 3 things that give me joy:
A. Large bodies of water
8. I daydream about living a life outside of this American culture full of fear, religion, judgement, and this “fast-paced work work work so you can be happy” focus. I daydream about living in a slow paced, small town, maybe owning my own bakery, knowing my neighbors, living in an actual community where you know your neighbors and my kids can play on the streets with their friends. Where we BBQ on the weekends and the men talk about their cars and women out front. And we play on the lake and go out on our boats and shoot off fireworks for birthday parties, while families are snuggled under blankets on big lawns and horses graze on the grasses in the fields next to us. Where honesty is the norm and not the outcast of society. Where love and marriage is looked upon as something that can happen between anyone and is normal between same sex, different races, different ethnicities, and multiple people, or whatever suites the individual people. It doesn’t matter and people just love and accept others for who they are. A place where everyone comes together as family and helps each other out. No one tries to control anyone else. They realize they can only control their own behavior and they enjoy being themselves and loving others. This is my daydream.
9. I am proud of being a self defined phoenix. The definition of a phoenix is a mythical bird of great beauty fabled to live 500 or 600 years in the Arabian wilderness, to burn itself on a funeral pyre, and to rise from its ashes in the freshness of youth and live through another cycle of years: often an emblem of immortality or of reborn idealism or hope. Or a second definition is a person or thing that has become renewed or restored after suffering calamity or apparent annihilation.
10. I am afraid of cockroaches. Which is not that bad of a fear. Until I add the end of the fear. I am afraid of cockroaches because I am terrified they are going to crawl into me, lay eggs and then they will crawl out of me by the hundreds. I know this is wildly crazy. And yet I see one and I am immediately terrified this will happen. lol
11. If I were captain of a ship I would call it Subdina which translated into English means Destiny.
Alright now I am going to nominate 11 bloggers that have caught my eye as people who should be noticed for this award.
1. Has an awesome lyrical rhythmical rhyme style! It’ll draw you in immediately!
2. Great idea and some great topics they have for having just started discusing.
3. Follow her travels on her bucket list!
4. Love her poems
5. When you need something more light-hearted and a laugh or two
6. A point of view from Korea…
7. If you are searching for who you are, join along
8. Variety of posts on thoughts he has that are interesting insights
9. Art by Mark Moore
10. I find his posts amusing and relatable
11. Urban wall art that is pretty fantastic
For these nominees the rules of accepting your nomination are as follows:
Rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 bloggers you feel deserved to be noticed.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
7. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
(I apologize to those who had been nominated by me and came by earlier and noticed I had forgotten to add the rules of acceptance. Maybe forgetfulness should have been one of my random facts about myself. 🙂 )
The next rule is for me to ask 11 random questions of those I have nominated for this award.
1. What is the one thing that you love the most about yourself?
2. When was the last time you laughed so hard that your stomach hurt?
3. What do you appreciate most about your life?
4.What is that one thing that would be a deal-breaker in any relationship for you?
5. Do you have any pet peeves?
6.Do you have any regrets in life?
7.Have you ever been in love?
8.What is your favorite movie?
9. What are the 5 most important things to you in your life?
10. What would you liked to have accomplished by the end of your life to feel you have been succesful?
11. What made you decide to begin your blog?
Good luck to all of you! And again, I appreciate the nomination myself!